Yay!! Finally, I was able to finish my first PSP homebrew game project. I introduce you, Tweexter. I really can can’t come up with a great name so i just combined twist and texter. Tweexter is very similar to Gamehouse’s Texttwist. You are given a set of 7 letters(on future release, it will be a combination of 6 and 7 letters) and you have to unscramble it to a more sensible word. To advance to the next round you need to solve the 7 letter word.
I was really planning on porting Texttwist to PSP, retaining the graphics and sounds but I figured that i could get in a lot of trouble if I do so. So i restarted from scratch, producing the graphics, except for the background. Currently, there is no sound effects, but i’m planning to add sfx on the next releases.
Included in the release is the source code. I am not a great programmer, so please don’t expect super fast and efficient algorithms. It was written in C++, but can be easily converted to C. I’m not an expert in C, so I just used this project as an opportunity to experience C++. The use of classes was a total mess and since i’m too lazy to rewrite it, I ended up sticking to it. To compile the source code, you’ll need a pspsdk, and a couple of it’s dependencies, namely, libpng and zlib.
Here’s a couple of links for the source and eboot:
Here’s a video of it in action. It’s a bit messy.
I’m just a simple guy, and can’t afford file servers and have to depend solely on free file servers. Here’s a couple of screenshots.
The word list is by no means perfect, so if you have any request to remove or add any word, just send me an email at reizen.dev[at]gmail.com . For bug reports also email me at the said address.
Hopefully, more features will be added on next release and audio/visual upgrades. Along with that, I’m starting a new project. The working title is portaBible. Though there are a few homebrew Bible program for the psp, but I’m planning to make one that uses standard bible formats, either the unboundible or pdb. Other features is support for Japanese text and Strong’s numbering system and dictionary.
Changed the download link to point to goooglecode.